Knock knock knock. It’s me, the Gentleman Caller.
I’m sitting writing as a cold front is blasting in and I have all the doors open in my house. It’s a late October morning and Autumn is setting in here in South Texas. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to share my mom’s delicious, quick and easy hot chocolate mix.
Mom used to make this every year and give it away in glass jars as a little holiday gift. It makes a ton. In addition to being sweet, warm and delicious on its own, you may also add your favorite liqueur and adult it up. Enjoy!
The Gentleman Caller’s Hot Chocolate Mix
- 8 quart Box of powdered milk
- 1 pound Box of Nestle Quick Branded also as "Nesquik"
- 1 pound Box of powdered sugar
- 6 ounces Powdered creamer Such as Coffeemate
- Combine dry ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- When ready to drink heat water or milk to desired temperature. Use 1 cup of liquid to 1/4 to 1/2 cup of dry mix depending on your desired richness. Stir and top with marshmallows, crushed peppermint, or cinnamon.Adult it up with the addition of Baileys, Godiva Liqueur, or Frangelico.