Hey friends and fans! This presentation is a few years old but as we here in H-town are coming out of a terrible freeze, I think the time is right to start thinking about spring and start steeping some fertilizer.
This is a pretty high acid basic fertilizer that works for just about anything. Also it’s basically trash. The largest components are things you would usually throw in the garbage.Jump to Recipe
Hit me up with questions should you have them! I’m certain you will see great, green results!
Austin’s Homemade Miracle Grow
- 1 gallon container with lid
- 1 tbsp epsom salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ammonia
- 7 cups used coffee grounds *you can use as much as 10
- 12 egg shells *you can use a few more or a few less
- Combine epsom salts, baking soda and ammonia in a 1 gallon (or larger) container.
- Crush egg shells and add them to container.
- Add coffee incrementally to container.
- Add water to cover.
- Put all ingredients in the carafe of a blender and blend until smooth. Allow to steep and continue to add coffee grounds and crushed egg shells.
- Let steep for about 2 weeks. Ultimately your one gallon container should be almost full as you add coffee grounds, egg shells and water.
- Shake well before doling out.